The Southwest Washington Special Education Conference is depending on the kindness of our community to help us on conference day! If you have a few hours (or more) to volunteer, please contact us.
We have listed the areas of support below and a brief description of duties for each category:
- Greeting Team – Located at primary entrances, welcoming guests
- Road Side Team – Road side support for loading/unloading to support exhibitors and facilitators.
- Exhibitor Care – Checking in with the exhibitors, running errands for them, making sure they have what they need.
- Facilitator Care – Checking in with the Session Facilitators, running errands for them, making sure they have what they need
- Exhibitor/Facilitator Lounge – Keeping the lounge “stocked” (food and water), minor cleaning and/straightening as people come in and out. Conversing with exhibitors/facilitators.
- Traffic Direction – outside – Help direct cars and guests in the parking lots
- Traffic Direction – inside – Help direct guests on campus (provide maps and escorts if needed)
- Refreshments – Help restock/clean the refreshment area
- Session Team – Conduct evaluations and raffles at end of sessions.
- Ask Me Team – Identified people that guests can seek out for questions/assistance
- Tech Troubleshooting Team – set up projectors/equipment for session facilitators. Troubleshoot any issues.
- First Aide Support – for minor issues, band aids, etc
- Video Production Team – Record video of the event (sessions, keynote, exhibit, conduct interviews)
- Photography Team – Take pictures of the event
- Children’s Activity Team – Assist in a variety of “stations” in the children’s activity area.
- Registration/Check In – Assist with check in and media release signatures.